The Lobster Pound Restaurant started in the early 1920's with 60 seats. Â Barney and Ruth McLaughlin purchased it from Inga Chase in 1956. In the early 1970's an Addition that increased the seating capacity to 120 was made to the southeast dining room. Richard and Lynn Mclaughlin purchased the corporation from their parents in 1973.
Six years later, a flood caused severe damage to the old gift shop and the back end of the building. The resulting renovations increased the seating to 260 and created a new gift shop. In 1980 a fire once again destroyed the rear of the building. It was rebuilt to its present contition.
The Lobster Pound is Proud to Announce our Partnership with Andy's Brewery, to bring to Life the Andy's Brew Pub at the Lobster Pound!